- Address：Suite 807, TianAn Hi-tech Development Plzaza. No.555 North PanYu Road, PanYu DistrictGuangZhou, China.
Field of application：
Introduction：Durakote Wax #10 is a unique, high gloss paste wax for use by the reinforced fibreglass molder as a mold release agent. It is compounded with the purest grade carnauba wax, plus special binders and spreading agents. Durakote Wax #10 creates a durable wax surface that remains intact for multiple pulls.
Durakote Wax #10 reduces man hours due to its exceptional ease of application and buffing. It is an excellent mold release agent providing reproducibility, glossiness, non-staining and a hard releasing film which are important to the fabricator. It is easier to apply than other processed waxes; the residual film is also more durable and resistant to abrasion.
It is essential that the mold surface be thoroughly cleaned so that all traces of previous waxes used and/or other release agents or any foreign materials are removed. Durekote PMC-600 will remove waxes and wax residue. It should be noted, hower, that the Durekote PMC-600 breaks down the wax and, therefore, must be removed from the mold surface. A clean cloth should be used for this purpose to ensure that the dissolved wax is completely removed and not merely being spread.
Continue the process until the surface is completely clean. To test the surface for cleanliness, use a piece of masking tape on various points on the mold surface. Good adhesion to the mold should be noticed when removing tape. If not, further cleaning is necessary.
Once the mold surface has been thoroughly cleaned, Durakote Wax #10 can be applied using a soft cotton cloth, being careful not to scratch the fibreglass mold surface. Do not power buff Durakote Wax #10.
1. Apply a thin, even film of Durakote Wax #10 using circular motions and making sure there is complete uniform coverage.
2. The coating should be left to haze completely. This process should take approximately 15 minutes depending upon ambient temperatures and humidity. Hazing is an important step, as all the carriers (mineral spirits) should evaporate completely before buffing. The wax film should be totally dry.
3. Buff the surface to a luster using a fresh, clean absorbent cloth.
4. Wait approximately 10 to 15 minutes before applying another coat of Durakote Wax #10. This should be down following Steps 1, 2 and 3. Five to seven applications initially will effectively fill the pores and coat the mold surface (The number of coats depends upon the porosity of the mold).
5. Once a part is pulled, apply two more coats of Durakote Wax #10 following Steps 1, 2 and 3.
6. For the third part, a single application will suffice. From this point on, multiple pulls can be achieved.
Note: In high humidity conditions, it may be necessary to give the mold a final wiping with a clean, dry cloth to remove any haze that develops from unreleased solvents. In order to avoid contamination, a clean cloth should always be used when applying and buffing this product.
Also recommended, is the use of our Durekote 615 as a sealer. This will provide superior smoothness and effectively seal the surface of the tooling mold before applying the Durakote Wax #10. The use of the sealer to new molds ad plugs during the break-in period will protect the Durakote Wax #10 coating from being attacked by styrene migration.
Durakote Wax #10 is available in 11-ounce cans, 12 cans per case.